Welcome!

This is the official blog of Winna Efendi, author of several bestselling Indonesian novels.

Sabtu, 08 Agustus 2009

Upcoming and Anticipated Movies

A few movies I can't wait to see:

The Last Airbender

I have yet to watch the entire animation series but have watched a few and loved them. There's something creative about the whole series, and the animation is really lovely. They're casting Dev Patel, the star of Slumdog Millionaire, Jackson (Jasper from Twilight!) and a few newcomers for the live action movie. The boy who plays Aang looks very much like the animation character does :) Plus, M Night Shyamalan is directing!!


Flipped

My favorite young adult book by Wendelin van Draanen made into a movie. I wish they're making Stargirl and Love, Stargirl too! This movie is about a girl who is slightly obsessed with Bryce, her neighbor. Bryce, on the other hand, tries to avoid her dutifully, and might just be intimidated by her quirkiness. This is a nice story of love and friendship.

Shutter Island

I always love pyschological thrillers such as this. Just saw the trailer the other day and thought it might be interesting, even though the whole movie's review will depend almost entirely on how the ending turns out. Even if it's disappointing, let's hope the process of watching is enjoyable and scary.

My Sister's Keeper

One of my favorite Jodi Picoult's books, although I like the Pact and Nineteen Minutes better. I hope they're making Nineteen Minutes the movie soon, it'll be heartbreaking and very complicated, bringing back painful memories of school shootings that have happened a few years back. The Pact and the Tenth Circle are already made into movies, so fingers crossed. I am pretty happy they're casting Abigail Breslin instead of the Fanning sisters, and that (SPOILERS, but I'm going to make it subtle) -- they're altering some parts of the book.

the Book Thief

Ah. I was blown away by the book. Much like The Boy in Striped Pajamas, I have a feeling the movie is going to be beautiful. I hope they're casting a newcomer for the part of Liesel. Can't wait! This is coming out in 2010-2011, I suppose?

Crossing Over

I've already seen the trailer. It looks neat. The dillema, the complication, and various related characters. Overall I'm happy to see old faces back - Harrison Ford, Jim Sturgess, Ashley Judd, and a few rather new faces.

Haeundae

This is a Korean disaster movie. I think this might be the first one for Korea, since Japan has its own Sinking of Japan.. starring the much-missed Ha Ji Won, this movie has already hit box office. It's gonna be interesting, I can tell.

Nine

This is supposed to be a musical. Nicole Kidman, Marion Cottilaard, amongst others.

Coco Avant Chanel

Audrey Tautou as Coco Chanel. There hasn't been a lot of good fashion movies lately, so this one must be it. I'm happy they're casting Tautou instead of Keira Knightley, and that this is a French movie.. I haven't seen one for ages :)

What about you? What's your version of upcoming, anticipated movies?

1 komentar:

fee mengatakan...

I like it ^^